From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Desktop project lead nominations
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:54:26
1 J.A. posted <442BCDAB.7080908@×××××××××××.COM>, excerpted below, on Thu,
2 30 Mar 2006 04:23:07 -0800:
3
4 > Can you provide a link(s) to where there
5 > is a description of what gentoo desktop
6 > is and where it is going with it.
7 >
8 > I believe that the gentoo desktop will be
9 > in 3d rather than 2d if someone can modify
10 > a zlib/libpng based 3d engine such as
11 > provided by ---
12 > http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ to run a
13 > 2d widget set like ---
14 > http://www.fox-toolkit.org/goals.html for
15 > the manipulation of text.
16
17 >From that request, I'm not sure if you are familiar with Gentoo, the Linux
18 and alternatives metadistribution, or not, altho how you got on the list
19 if not is an interesting question. Here's a general link for Gentoo:
20
21 http://gentoo.org
22
23 For the desktop project of the Gentoo org, and a list of the subprojects
24 such as X, KDE, Gnome, games, video, sound, etc, with links to them:
25
26 http://gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/index.xml
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
32 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
36 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list