From: Will Chapman <elitecodex@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Fonts in KDE Apps (not using KDE)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:02:29
1 On 12/16/05, BarneY <barneyman@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > if you only have kdelibs installed, you will maybe not find a line like
5 > menuFont=...
6 >
7 > The lines
8 >
9 > font=Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
10 > menuFont=Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
11 >
12 > have to be in the subject [General]. If you miss that too, create it. So
13 > something like this should be in your kdeglobals:
14 >
15 > [General]
16 > font=Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
17 > menuFont=Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
18 >
19 > with the font and fontsize of your choice of course.
20 >
21 > Greetings Christian
24 > Benno Schulenberg wrote:
25 > > Will Chapman wrote:
26 > >
27 > >>the fonts on the the toolbars (like "File", "Edit", "Tools",
28 > >>etc). How can I change those settings?
31 > > In the file .kde/share/config/kdeglobals, change the line that says
32 > > something like "menuFont=Standard Symbols L,11,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0".
33 > > The first number after the font's name is its point size.
34 > >
35 > > Benno
36 >
37 > --
38 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
42 Thank you very much everyone. Just changing the kdeglobals file
43 worked well (although I did have to add the [General] section as
44 BarneY pointed out). I was tempted by the kcontrol but didn't want
45 the 20Mb install of khotkeys just to change the font. Thanks anyway
46 for the suggestion Duncan (and sorry about the HTML)
49 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list