From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:42:07
lists wrote:
> > I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it > to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to > fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I > downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile... > > I will be working on this and reading through as much as I can find about > it today. If I can't get anywhere with it, I can get a CD from my friend > some time next week. Good luck with the ALSA stuff. You may need to > recompile the kernel with that. > > rick
A word of advice: if you are trying to reinstall an older system, don't copy over all the use flags at the beginning and then try to build the whole system at once. It creates a lot of problems (cyclic dependencies, compile problems). It used to work some time ago, but when I tried to reinstall my old computer from scratch for my parents a month ago, I just had to take it nice and slow.... (to gentoo-devs: sorry, I had no time to go through it and post bugs...) Instead emerge the basic system first with the standard use flags, then add new and recompile yoyo -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list