From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:42:07
1 lists wrote:
2 >
3 > I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it
4 > to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to
5 > fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I
6 > downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile...
7 >
8 > I will be working on this and reading through as much as I can find about
9 > it today. If I can't get anywhere with it, I can get a CD from my friend
10 > some time next week. Good luck with the ALSA stuff. You may need to
11 > recompile the kernel with that.
12 >
13 > rick
14
15 A word of advice: if you are trying to reinstall an older system, don't
16 copy over all the use flags at the beginning and then try to build the
17 whole system at once. It creates a lot of problems (cyclic dependencies,
18 compile problems). It used to work some time ago, but when I tried to
19 reinstall my old computer from scratch for my parents a month ago, I
20 just had to take it nice and slow.... (to gentoo-devs: sorry, I had no
21 time to go through it and post bugs...)
22
23 Instead emerge the basic system first with the standard use flags, then
24 add new and recompile
25
26 yoyo
27 --