From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:24:11
1 Hi,
2
3 What about Gmplayer ?
4
5 On 1/9/07, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > I'm looking for a decent Gnome-compatible GUI CD player to replace xmcd,
8 > of
9 > which I was quite fond, but the code is apparently no longer maintained
10 > and
11 > it's no longer in Gentoo. Fixing the code and compiling it manually is a
12 > real
13 > bear! I'm looking for something fairly flexible and which will access the
14 > CDDB
15 > databases of my choice.
16 >
17 > kscd isn't compatbile with Gnome
18 >
19 > gnome-cd sux!
20 >
21 > totem is nice, but apparently doesn't do CDDB lookups
24 > Suggestions will be welcome :-)
25 >
26 > --
27 > Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
28 > FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
29 > 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
30 > http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
31 > | (Pamela Jones) |
32 > --