From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] dbus upgrade problems
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:27:22
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > I'm trying to do an upgrade on my Gentoo desktop system. One of the pieces
3 > that's in need of upgrading is dbus, from v0.62-r2 to v1.0.2, and in fact the
4 > former blocks the latter so I can't upgrade anything else until I do the dbus
5 > upgrade. revdep-rebuild indicates that dozens of packages are broken by the
6 > dbus upgrade!
7 >
8 > The most important of these packages for my work is evolution, which is flakey
9 > at best and drives me crazy at times, but I depend on it so I'm careful to not
10 > do anything to disable it. So I upgraded dbus, and then tried to upgrade
11 > evolution, but the ebuild fails with the following:
12 > I downversioned dbus to where it was before and things are working normally
13 > again, but I'm stuck until I can figure out how to re-emerge evolution if I
14 > upgrade dbus. Can anyone advise me?
15
16 Evolution could get that dependency from another library it uses, which
17 in turn uses dbus. You really need to run the full revdep-rebuild.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie