From: andy stern <andy-stern@×××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Screen-blanking on X startup
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:59:59
1 Hi Lasse,
2
3 is there any Logging from X11?
4 have you tried to plug a second monitor?
5
6 best regards,
7 Andy
8
9 On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:05:44 +0100
10 Lasse Riis <lists@×××××××××.dk> wrote:
11
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > When Xorg starts on my laptop (or actually Gentoo boots and xdm is
15 > started) the X startup procedure involves blanking, or actually
16 > powering off my display completely. This has always been "standard
17 > procedure" to me, and I've gotten used to it over the years.
18 >
19 > However, in my current setup it actually "blinks" or powers off
20 > twice. It might be the version of Xorg, or it might be this laptop.
21 > In any case I didn't notice it till now.
22 >
23 > I've Googled some to find out what's actually going on but to no
24 > avail. Some says it's probing for external monitors and thus turns
25 > off VGA which in turn causes my laptop display to power off(?).
26 >
27 > Is there a way to disable this? I don't need probing for external
28 > monitors on every X start. preferably I'd like to not have the
29 > monitor turn of at all. But I would at least like to prevent it from
30 > doing it twice.
31 >
32 > I'm on a Thinkpad x60s with this graphics controller:
33 >
34 > 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile
35 > 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
36 > 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
37 > 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
38 >
39 > My current xorg.conf is pretty much auto-generated, but looks like
40 > this: Section "ServerLayout"
41 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
42 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
43 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
44 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
45 > EndSection
46 >
47 > Section "Files"
48 > RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
49 > ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
50 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
51 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
52 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/OTF"
53 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
54 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
55 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
56 > EndSection
57 >
58 > Section "Module"