From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o, Martin von Gagern <Martin.vGagern@×××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: Calling base_src_prepare from kde.eclass
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:24:54
Hello again,

I have decided to continue discussion in new thread. This discussion
was started in thread "kde-sunset: kdepim-kresources broken".

I have replaced my code with what I originally intended (the code in
git is wrong, since I made a mistake editing it - here is what I
intended):

        # Check for PATCHES in EAPI=0|1
        case ${EAPI:-0} in
            0|1)
                if [[ -n ${PATCHES} ]] && [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]]; then
                    base_src_prepare
                fi
            ;;
        esac

Look, for example, at kde-base/ark ebuild. There is a patch, but it's
not applied correctly without my code.

What I'm worried about is the check  [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] makes sure,
that this code is called if

[[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] || base_src_unpack unpack

did not called base-src_unpack and therefore did not applied patches.

There are two problems with EAPI=0|1

1) It depends on file naming and will not work if base_src_unpack
unpacks into $KDE_S
2) Even if base_src_unpack calls base_src_prepare, we're adding
patches automatically after this call, but they will not be applied.

Since I can't think of correct check, please let me know if you have
an idea. Also, let me know if I'm wrong about something and it's not
needed at all. (but I doubt that, because ark, as mentioned above, is
counterexample)

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---