From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] update world issue (oops)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:33:06
1 On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 22:51 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 08 June 2006 13:34, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 > > Blockers occur because something changed in the tree. In this case,
5 > > shadow now provides the functionality that pam-login once did, which is
6 > > why shadow blocks pam-login.
7 >
8 > Ok, what about nv and nvidia in xorg-x11 7.1? It looks as if I now have to
9 > choose between the open-source nv and the proprietary nvidia in my
10 > make.conf. I used to have both specified so that I could switch between the
11 > two installed drivers, but if I leave both in, with VIDEO_CARDS="nv
12 > nvidia", I get circular, blocking dependencies. Pro tem I just have nv in
13 > there, but if I want to use the nvidia driver I'll have some fiddling to
14 > do.
15
16 The NVIDIA binary drivers are not compatible with xorg-x11 7.1 and there
17 are no compatible versions released yet. This is why the blocker is
18 there.
19
20 The nvidia drivers do not work with this version of xorg-x11.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team
26 Games - Developer