From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Evolution 2.0.2 trashing my vfolders.xml file!!
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:06:28
1 Several times now, since installing evolution 2.0.2, I've gotten complaints
2 from the program about old (1.4.x) version files in my personal config and
3 been asked a number of questions about what to do with them. I've allowed
4 evolution to upgrade and overwrite the old files, and in all cases there's
5 been Big Trouble. Twice evolution has doubled all the addresses in my
6 contact list forcing me to go in and delete all the duplicates. Worse yet,
7 evolution has twice nuked my extensive vfolders.xml file which I've had to
8 rebuild at a _considerable_ expense of time.
9
10 Is this a bug? Or is there something I can do to insure that this won't
11 happen again? This is unacceptable and if it continues I'm going to have to
13 Book for my contact list.
14
15 This seems to happen periodically - not every time I start evolution, nor
16 every time I restart the box, but every couple of weeks or so.
19 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
20 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
21 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
22 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
23 | (Pamela Jones) |
26 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list