From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] KDE3 overlay message.
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 11:49:37
Hi,

I know the KDE3 folks subscribe here and wanted to let you know about
this.  I got this after I done my sync:

Building database (/var/cache/eix) ..
[0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)
      Reading category 155|155 (100%) Finished
[1] "kde-sunset" /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-flat#assign)
      Reading category  17|155 ( 10%): app-misc .. *
  *
"/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/app-misc/releaseforge/releaseforge-1.3.ebuild":
  * Deprecation Warning: Usage of distutils.eclass in packages not
supporting installation
  * for multiple Python ABIs in EAPI <=2 is deprecated and will be
banned on 2011-06-01.
  * The ebuild needs to be fixed. Please report a bug, if it has not
been already reported.
  *
      Reading category  42|155 ( 27%): dev-python .. *
  * "/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/dev-python/PyQt/PyQt-3.18.1.ebuild":
  * Deprecation Warning: Usage of distutils.eclass in packages not
supporting installation
  * for multiple Python ABIs in EAPI <=2 is deprecated and will be
banned on 2011-06-01.
  * The ebuild needs to be fixed. Please report a bug, if it has not
been already reported.
  *
  *
  * "/var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/dev-python/pykde/pykde-3.16.7.ebuild":
  * Deprecation Warning: Usage of distutils.eclass in packages not
supporting installation
  * for multiple Python ABIs in EAPI <=2 is deprecated and will be
banned on 2011-06-01.
  * The ebuild needs to be fixed. Please report a bug, if it has not
been already reported.
  *

I got everything installed so it's not a issue but if someone new comes
along, this could cause a problem I guess.  I notice the date has
already gone by too.

Just wanted to post in case you guys are not aware of this.

Dale

:-)  :-)