From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Cc: "J.A.H." <heblack@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Book about GNU Copyright .
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:22:35
1 On 2005-12-16 09:03:06 +1100 (Fri, Dec), Ric de France wrote:
2 > On 12/15/05, J.A.H. <heblack@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Can anybody here recommend a book from their Desktop which or that is
4 > > specifically focused so that the content of the book(s) can be used to
5 > > completely understand all GNU and or or Gentoo copyrights and issues
6 > > surrounding those legalities?
7 > >
8 > > My grasp of GNU is narrow.
9 > >
10 > > In your response here to this Email please make a point of CC``ing my
11 > > ingoing electronic mail message address for there are too many Emails
12 > > already due to unrelated bulk mail subscriptions which I do not read.
13 >
14 > I don't know if this is what you're after, but I've glanced at the
15 > O'Reilly book on understanding licenses, and it has copies of licenses
16 > and then attempts to explain them in somewhat simpler terms.
17 >
18 > The link to it can be found here (including the chapter PDFs):
19 > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/osfreesoft/book/
20
21 Have you seen this? It's not a book, but it could be what you are looking for.
22 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html
25 No virus found in this outgoing message.
26 Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
27 Trust me.