From: sconstable <sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] USB devices
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:39:13
Hello everyone

I am trying to set up my palm zire 21 in gentoo.  I'm using the
gentoo-sources kernel (I think that's what its called) its 2.4.something.  I
have GNOME installed and I have installed the lastest version of gpilot.  It
asks me to press the hotsync button on my palm and I do, but then nothing
happens.  The palm eventually times out.  The device says /dev/pilot so I
went to add a symlink to a USB device, and there are none listed.  (By the
way I did make sure to select USB when I ran gpilot).  Has anyone else had
similar problems?

/Steve