From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev, fstab, and fsck at boot.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:19:51
1 On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 10:12 -0800, Chris Barker wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I just upgraded to udev with the 2.6 kernel, and noticed that the new
5 > fstab is using:
6 >
7 > /dev/BOOT
8 > /dev/ROOT
9 >
10 > rather than /dev/hda5, for example.
11 >
12 > The system seems to work fine, bu on boot I get errors when it tries to
13 > fsck /dev/ROOT and /dev/BOOT. I'm bad superblock error on the ext2 boot
14 > partition and something else on the Reiser root partition, but I think
15 > the real problem is that it can't find them.
16
17 You overwrote it with the default when you ran etc-update after
18 upgrading baselayout. You need to fix it.