From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 18:09:05
1 On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 09:25 -0500, lists wrote:
2 > I needed lots of sleep. Right now I don't have a CD burner. I am using it
3 > to boot from. I am running from a knoppix CD. I think there is a way to
4 > fix this without starting over. I have chrooted in to my new HD, I
5 > downloaded a 2006.1 stage3, I did the env-update && source etc/profile...
6
7 Let's hope you get someone to burn you a CD.
8
9 My recommendation is for you to grab a 2006.1 LiveCD (*not* Minimal) and
10 do a "Networkless" install to get yourself back up and running. This
11 will not compile *anything* and will get your system up as quickly as
12 possible (including Gnome/Evolution/Firefox) so you can get to work to
13 restoring your system, not just trying to get online.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
19 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
20 Gentoo Foundation