From: lists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 03:42:06
Thanks Lindsay!

Sometimes I just need a hug!!  I am running in knoppix (the only x system
I have) and webmail (squirrel mail) and it is very difficult to get by.
Gentoo has been very good to me and I am trying to get back.  maybe I have
too many use variables or somthing.  I got as far as compiling the kernel
and configuring grub. I even got it to boot! but I ran into a wall when I
started to emerge gnome.  the problem was with XML-parser. something about
gcc. now I have recompiled system a bunch of times and it is killing me!
I only have a gentoo 2006.0 LiveCD and I started by downloading a 2006.1
stage3 tarball. I am using knoppix cd now because it allows me to shell in
as root and then I can mount my hd and chroot in. Like I said I am not a
newbe but then again, I don't do bare metal installs very often and thanks
for the kind words!  It is hard for me to even get to my email now.  I
need my evolution and firefox passwords!! damn!!!

Thanks
Rick