From: "Sören Weber" <soesoe@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Problems with ALSA (or only ScummVM?)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:25:50
1 Hello list,
2
3 right in this moment I feel that I'm composing a message to a wrong
4 list. I'm sorry but I did my best to find an apt list. I didn't want to
5 post in the ones relating to the several potential problem-factors because:
6 - (according to Murphy's laws) it would be the other thing which causes
7 the problem and
8 - I think the Gentoo-community is much better :-p
9
10 Let's take a look on my problem. Today I found my old "The Dig"-Game and
11 wanted to play that thing tonight. So I got ScummVM and tried to start it.
12 But the sound in this and other games stutters. It's like "of course,
13 dear" becomes "ofof coucourse dear". SCNR :)
14
15 We can exclude the possibility of a bad cd or sth like this because I
16 tried other games (with other media-data), too.
17 Also I reinstalled ALSA now but without any effect.
18
19 I've got a SiS 7018 (trident) chipset in my box and compiled the
20 ALSA-support modular into the kernel. Before that I had the same
21 problems with the compiled-in drivers.
22 I'm not pretty sure but I think that I've got the same thing while using
23 the modules outside the kernel.
24
25 Can you give me any tips? I really don't know what to do anymore - I
26 want to fly to space with good sound ;-)
27
28 By the way: My XMMS crashes with a segfault when a second application
29 tries to use ALSA. I'm not that experienced; is it "normal"?
32 A big thank you for your help,
33 Sören
36 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list