From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Mails getting lost?
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:24:11
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> posted
200702061227.53860.bss03@××××××××××.net, excerpted below, on  Tue, 06 Feb
2007 12:27:53 -0600:

> Are my mails to the list getting to anyone else? I'm not seeing them > myself, and I wanted to make sure they weren't disappearing into the > ether. I checked that I could email myself directly, so I don't think > it's a problem on this side, but I sent a helpful reply about disk > partitioning earlier today and I still haven't seen it yet. Same with a > helpful reply I sent to gentoo-user around the same time. > > Before anyone asks, no, I am not using gmail.
If the following looks like part of that reply, it got "into the aether", anyway, and made it to gmane, from whence I retrieved it. <quote>
> what about other parts of gentoo/linux. and is journaling filesystem > over striping raid just asking for trouble?
I don't see why. I'm using reiserfs for all filesystems 'cept /boot, on top of LVM, which is backed by one software (mdadm) raid-0 set and one <snip-quote> -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list