From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] ESD options in a gnome session
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:43:28
1 On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 17:31 -0400, Mike wrote:
2 > Lindsay Haisley wrote:
3 > > When I start a gnome session, ESD starts with the --nobeeps option, and
4 > > no other options. I have "Enable software sound mixing (ESD)" checked
5 > > in the Sound Preferences dialog, and I assume ESD is started because of
6 > > this. I have to have this checked in order to get system sounds
7 > > enabled, which I want.
8 >
9 > I started running ESD as a service using the Gentoo startup script
10 > /etc/init.d/esound which works much better for me.
11
12 And this is how you should be doing it. The session starting it can be
13 problematic and racy, as I understand it.
14
15 Daniel
18 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list