From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:04:43
Yohan Pereira posted on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:04:43 +0530 as excerpted:

> On Friday 01 Jun 2012 19:08:27 Chris Stankevitz wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I use gnome on a stable system. I set my "preferred browser" to >> chromium. I set a "keyboard shortcut" to launch my browser: Mod4+W. >> >> 90% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser appears. >> >> 10% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser does not appear. >> > Do you have this problem while starting chrome directly? On my system > sometimes chrome does not exist correctly leaving behind some zombile > processes. When this happens I cannot launch chrome again. I need to > kill these processes to be able to start chrome.
FWIW, firefox does this occasionally too. A "killall firefox" usually does the trick. But with firefox, it at least pops up a little dialog telling you that it believes another instance is running. It'd be a bit confusing without that. Even if it's sometimes frustrating seeing the dialog, it's better than not knowing the problem, I guess. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman