From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:04:43
1 Yohan Pereira posted on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:04:43 +0530 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Friday 01 Jun 2012 19:08:27 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I use gnome on a stable system. I set my "preferred browser" to
7 >> chromium. I set a "keyboard shortcut" to launch my browser: Mod4+W.
8 >>
9 >> 90% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser appears.
10 >>
11 >> 10% of the time when I press Mod4+W, the browser does not appear.
12 >>
13 > Do you have this problem while starting chrome directly? On my system
14 > sometimes chrome does not exist correctly leaving behind some zombile
15 > processes. When this happens I cannot launch chrome again. I need to
16 > kill these processes to be able to start chrome.
17
18 FWIW, firefox does this occasionally too. A "killall firefox" usually
19 does the trick.
20
21 But with firefox, it at least pops up a little dialog telling you that it
22 believes another instance is running. It'd be a bit confusing without
23 that. Even if it's sometimes frustrating seeing the dialog, it's better
24 than not knowing the problem, I guess.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman