From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:07:50
On Wednesday 06 October 2004 10:30, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Actually the new kde and gnome releases both support the same menu files > IN THE SAME LOCATION. Those files need to be in /usr/share/applications, > and follow the freedesktop menu specification. The main difference with > "traditional" kde .desktop files is that a Categories entry must be > present. With current releases just putting a file there "just works".
Hm, that's good to know. I had in mind, that the used function to create such a file was replaced by another, but didn't know the status. Nevermind, found it (man eutils.eclass), but maybe I'm not enough Linuxifed, to like it, that I have to grep through the files to find out, what the name of the function may be and where it may be implemented, before using man to get what I want. The function does not test, if the icon exists btw.. Carsten