From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Parts of applications menu goes missing
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:47:16
Using gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.9-r1, Gnome 2.8 stable stuff an old Gentoo
install from the 1.4 days, works fine other than that little niggle
which has only started recently.

Dunno if anyones seen this before or anyone knows why it happens, or
where to look for more information.

But, during use of my machine the icons in the Gnome applications menu
just disappear (see http://tim.igoe.me.uk/err.jpg )

This has only started happening recently, but i can't remember what
packages i've updated that could cause it. Logging out and back in will
bring it back, but it will disappear again at some random time.
Sometimes only small parts of the menu go (like the screenshot) but
other times, the entire thing goes bar menu items i've added myself
using the right click menu's.

I've tried searching, but can't find anyone else having had this problem
other than 1 person (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=56810) but
thats back in 2003. Its rather puzzling me.

Anyone seen / know of a solution?

Tim
http://tim.igoe.me.uk