From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.6 still masked?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:03:56
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 01/28/2011 11:12 AM, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
4 >>> On Friday 28 January 2011 10:53:37 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 >>>> Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
6 >>>> profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> "Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"
9 >>>
10 >>> Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon
11 >>
12 >> Btw, the "package.unmask/kde-4.6" file from the kde overlay is
13 >> missing entries for:
14 >>
15 >> sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent
16 >> kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules
17 >> sys-auth/polkit-qt
22 > I used autounmask to unmask mine here. I installed it yesterday and
23 > so far it is running fine. I don't see any problems at the moment.
24 > I'm running AMD64 here, if that matters.
25 >
26 > Dale
27 >
28 > :-) :-)
31 May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My
32 Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no
33 way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The
34 only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have
35 some links in the panel.
36
37 Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see if
38 that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next.
39
40 Dale
41