From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] How to mask KDE 4.6.2?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:07:40
1 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=blob_plain;f=profiles/package.mask.d/kde-4.6.2;hb=HEAD
2
3 Cheers, A
6 On Sunday 03 April 2011 18:56:54 Alex Schuster wrote:
7 > Hi there!
8 >
9 > KDE 4.6.2 ebuilds arrived in the kde overlay, but the distfiles are not on
10 > the mirror servers yet. I'm on ~amd64, this stuff is not masked for me. So
11 > my world update stops due to missing files.No big problem, but still a
12 > little annoying, and I would like to know how one should deal with this.
13 >
14 > I tried to put a link to $LAYMAN/kde/Documentation/package.mask/kde-4.6 in
15 > /etc/portage/package.mask, but that of course masks KDE 4.6 completely.
16 >
17 > So I removed the kde overlay. This works, but it would downgrade stuff like
18 > amarok-9999 which I am testing. I tried to avoid this by putting <media-
19 > sound/amarok-9999 into package.mask, but it has no effect. Then I copied
20 > media-sound/amarok from the kde overlay into my local overlay, now I can
21 > update.
22 >
23 > Is there a better solution? This situation seems to happen with every minor
24 > KDE update.
25 >
26 > Wonko
30 Andreas K. Huettel