From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:16:37
1 Uwe Thiem ha scritto:
2 > On 11 January 2007 10:38, JT Justman wrote:
3 >> b.n. wrote:
4 >>> I wasn't aware of this, I must confess. Is there any way to prevent it,
5 >>> so that when you close the app, it cleans the libs from memory? On my
6 >>> main desktop is not a problem, but it would be nice to know just in case.
7 >> Not sure how the cleanup works, but these things will just get paged off
8 >> to swap if you aren't using them. I wouldn't worry about it unless swap
9 >> is at a premium.
10 >
11 > The original poster must be kidding, and you are guessing, right?
12 >
13 > As soon as a library isn't used by any application any more, the memory it
14 > occupies is freed. Of course, it might still be cached - but that doesn't
15 > hurt at all.
16
17 Ok, that's what *I* did know.
18 Now, who is right? :)