From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:42:46
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> P. S. I do get a kick out of these. People figure oout how to get on here
5 >> but can't get off here. lol
6 >>
7 > Especially when every single message contains these useful headers:
8 >
9 > List-Post:<mailto:gentoo-desktop@l.g.o>
10 > List-Help:<mailto:gentoo-desktop+help@l.g.o>
12 > List-Subscribe:<mailto:gentoo-desktop+subscribe@l.g.o>
13 >
14 > And, of course, when people sign up they are sent this information:
17 >> Welcome! You have been subscribed to the
18 >>
19 >> gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
20 >>
21 >> mailinglist.
22 >>
23 >> To unsubscribe send a message to:
24 >>
25 >> gentoo-desktop+unsubscribe@l.g.o
26 >>
27 >> And for help send a message to:
28 >>
29 >> gentoo-desktop+help@l.g.o
33 > Not to mention the very first result for "gentoo mailing list" on google is:
34 > http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
35 >
36 > (which contains the above mentioned information and more)
41 And let's not forget, they almost certainly got the instructions to
42 subscribe off the Gentoo mailing list page. Most any mailing list I
43 have ever seen has the instructions to subscribe and unsubscribe on the
44 same page.
45
46 Sort of weird people can't remember how they subscribed.
47
48 Dale
49