From: Jason Kim <jkim@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] USB devices
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:57:51
If you're using devfs, the usb device does not show up until the palm actually
makes a connection. You should also have the usbserial and visor modules
compiled. On my box it shows as /dev/usb/tts/0 and /1. Not exactly sure
what /0 is for, but using /1 works fine for me. Using pilot-link (haven't
used gpilot), I hit the hotsync button, then immediately fire up the pilot
command. Kpilot will keep an eye out for the device node to show up so the
timing isn't necessary, maybe gpilot does something similar. However I have
had pretty bad kde lockups while using kpilot, don't do much more than
backups so the command line tools suffice for me.
-JayKim

-- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list