From: Jason Kim <jkim@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] USB devices
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:57:51
1 If you're using devfs, the usb device does not show up until the palm actually
2 makes a connection. You should also have the usbserial and visor modules
3 compiled. On my box it shows as /dev/usb/tts/0 and /1. Not exactly sure
4 what /0 is for, but using /1 works fine for me. Using pilot-link (haven't
5 used gpilot), I hit the hotsync button, then immediately fire up the pilot
6 command. Kpilot will keep an eye out for the device node to show up so the
7 timing isn't necessary, maybe gpilot does something similar. However I have
8 had pretty bad kde lockups while using kpilot, don't do much more than
9 backups so the command line tools suffice for me.
10 -JayKim
11