From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop <gentoo-desktop@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] ktp-text-ui not starting
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:03:52
Hi,
  I recently upgraded to kde telepathy .4 from the kde overlay. This
broke the ktp-text-ui. When I try to start a chat with a contact
(googletalk) I get this notification.

  org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable: Handler no longer
  available

I tried following the instructions here [1]. The dbus related files seem
to be in order.

  $ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.TextUi.service
  [D-BUS Service]
  Name=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.TextUi
  Exec=/usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/ktp-text-ui

Anyway I tried killing mission control and starting it from a Terminal
with no luck. Additionally Mission control prints this error

  (process:7014): mcd-WARNING **: Channel request
  /com/nokia/MissionControl/requests/r4 failed, error: Handler no longer
  available

Which lead me to this old thread [2].
Is there any fix to this save downgrading?

[1]http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration/Troubleshooting#Nothing_happens_when_I_try_and_start_a_chat_with_someone_from_the_contact_list.

[2]http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-telepathy/2011-April/001515.html

--

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
                -- Mark Twain