From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop <gentoo-desktop@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] ktp-text-ui not starting
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:03:52
1 Hi,
2 I recently upgraded to kde telepathy .4 from the kde overlay. This
3 broke the ktp-text-ui. When I try to start a chat with a contact
4 (googletalk) I get this notification.
5
6 org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable: Handler no longer
7 available
8
9 I tried following the instructions here [1]. The dbus related files seem
10 to be in order.
11
12 $ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.TextUi.service
13 [D-BUS Service]
14 Name=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KTp.TextUi
15 Exec=/usr/lib64/kde4/libexec/ktp-text-ui
16
17 Anyway I tried killing mission control and starting it from a Terminal
18 with no luck. Additionally Mission control prints this error
19
20 (process:7014): mcd-WARNING **: Channel request
21 /com/nokia/MissionControl/requests/r4 failed, error: Handler no longer
22 available
23
24 Which lead me to this old thread [2].
25 Is there any fix to this save downgrading?
28 [1]http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration/Troubleshooting#Nothing_happens_when_I_try_and_start_a_chat_with_someone_from_the_contact_list.
29
30 [2]http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-telepathy/2011-April/001515.html
35 - Yohan Pereira
36
37 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
38 between a mermaid and a seal.
39 -- Mark Twain