From: Per-Erik Westerberg <per-erik.westerberg@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4400
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:22:46
1 fre 2004-09-17 klockan 07.49 skrev Stephen P. Becker:
2 > Luis Rodriguez wrote:
3 > > Hello Jonathan,
4 > >
5 > > I changed nvidia to nv and the desktop looks better now.... I wonder whats
6 > > wrong!!
7 > >
8 > > Luis
11 > The driver "nv" is the non-3d-accelerated nvidia display driver that
12 > comes with Xfree/Xorg. The driver "nvidia" is what you use with the
13 > proprietary, binary-only drivers from NVIDIA.
14 >
15 > If "nvidia" isn't working, it sounds like you haven't properly installed
16 > your drivers. First, "emerge nvidia-glx" and then "emerge
17 > nvidia-kernel". Next, "modprobe nvidia" should load the kernel module.
18 > Finally, "opengl-update nvidia" should adjust lib paths such that the
19 > binary GL libs from NVIDIA are being used by X.
20 >
21 > If you have done all of this and X still isn't working, something else
22 > is wrong it would seem. Also, you might try to generate a config file
23 > by running "X -configure". This typically does a pretty good job of
24 > autodetecting and creating a xorg.conf.
25 >
26 > Steve
27
28 Hi,
29
30 Also make sure that the kernel is not compiled with DRI enabled.
31
32 / Per-Erik
36 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list