From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems - some progress
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:12:04
1 On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 18:20 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > As for why it's not working in your case, I really don't know, but
3 > hopefully you can at least get it working /somehow/ so that you can
4 > use your system normally to get real work done, and can investigate
5 > why auto-detect doesn't work the way you'd like it to with less
6 > urgency.
7
8 A colleague of mine here in Austin pointed out to me that although I had
9 autodetect enabled in my kernel, I didn't have RAID-1 mode enabled. He
10 figured this out from looking at my log file excerpt! I thought I had
11 the necessary kernel config options copied from my old kernel to my new
12 one, but this one was overlooked. Another pass at it will be in order.
15 Lindsay Haisley |"Windows .....
16 FMP Computer Services | life's too short!"
17 512-259-1190 |
18 http://www.fmp.com | - Brad Johnston