From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems - some progress
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:12:04
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 18:20 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
> As for why it's not working in your case, I really don't know, but > hopefully you can at least get it working /somehow/ so that you can > use your system normally to get real work done, and can investigate > why auto-detect doesn't work the way you'd like it to with less > urgency.
A colleague of mine here in Austin pointed out to me that although I had autodetect enabled in my kernel, I didn't have RAID-1 mode enabled. He figured this out from looking at my log file excerpt! I thought I had the necessary kernel config options copied from my old kernel to my new one, but this one was overlooked. Another pass at it will be in order. -- Lindsay Haisley |"Windows ..... FMP Computer Services | life's too short!" 512-259-1190 | http://www.fmp.com | - Brad Johnston