From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: Collins Richey <crichey@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:39:02
On Sunday 17 October 2004 3:34 am, Collins Richey wrote:
> I can't explain the behavior for devfs, but you should be able to cure > the problem by moving over to udev. You can add a udev paramter to > insure that the camera always mounts as some specific device, example > /dev/sda?. udev does not use the complex > /dev/scsi/host4/bus0/target0/lun0/part? nomenclature.
I actually like having the /dev/scsi/host4/bus0/target0/lun0/part stuff. In certain circumstances, accessing devices based on physical location can be useful. However, I like hearing that you can specify device-specific things like that... Maybe I'll switch and hope I can configure it to do both =D Anyone know if the script for hotplug to automatically mount USB devices (under /mnt/usb/devicename) is compatible w/ udev? -- Luke-Jr Developer, Utopios http://utopios.org/