From: Mansour <mansour77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:17:37
1 Here's the last few lines:
2
3 VFS: Cannot open root device "hda3" or unknown-block(0,0)
4 Please append a correct "root=" boor option; here are the available
5 partitions:
6 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
7 unknown-block(0,0)
8
9 The root "/" is very large. It's more than 20 GB
12 bmicek@×××××××××.net wrote:
13 > I think I experienced your problem. If you don't have a
14 > /boot partition, then the path to the kernel is referenced from /boot
15 > (because its inside the real "/" fs). If you have a /boot partition,
16 > then the path to your kernel is referenced from "/".
17 >
18 > What worries me is that you mentioned you get a kernel panic which implies the boot loader was able to locate the kernel.
19 > Can you capture a bit of the output from the panic? How large is your
20 > "/"?
21 >
22 > Brian Micek
23 >