From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: System problems - some progress
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:49:54
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 08:57 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Lindsay Haisley posted on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:10:13 -0500 as excerpted: > > > A colleague of mine here in Austin pointed out to me that although I had > > autodetect enabled in my kernel, I didn't have RAID-1 mode enabled. He > > figured this out from looking at my log file excerpt! I thought I had > > the necessary kernel config options copied from my old kernel to my new > > one, but this one was overlooked. Another pass at it will be in order. > > I noticed that immediately too ("personality for level 1 is not loaded", > dead give-away!), and was going to post a response to that effect, but > decided to check the rest of the thread in case someone else got to it > first. > > You (your colleague) got to it before I did! =:^)
Yeah, I missed it the first time around. I posted to linuxforums.org and referenced the thread to the Central TX LUG list, and Wayne Walker, one of our members, jumped on and saw it right away. We have some very smart and Linux-savvy folks here in Austin! The CTLUG tech list is really good. We have IBM, AMD, Dell, and a bunch of other tech companies in the area and the level of Linux tech expertise here is exceptional. You'd be welcome to join the list if you're interested. See <http://www.ctlug.org>. We have people on the list from all over the world. I expect the LVM system will come up now, and it only remains to be seen if I can get the legacy nVidia driver to build. -- Lindsay Haisley |"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS all it FMP Computer Services | really is about?" 512-259-1190 | http://www.fmp.com | -- Jimmy Buffett