From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:48:23
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I was a KDE user for many years (starting with KDE version 0.4) but
4 since KDE4 ousted KDE3 I'm using XFCE.
5 Because I wanna have a "tree-mode" in my file manager, I'm using
6 nautilus instead of thunar. Now Gnome3 is marked stable and it seems
7 that Gnome2 is not longer supported. I don't like to upgrade my
8 installed gnome stuff to the new version and therefore I think about
9 installing the kde-sunset overlay because I always was happy with KDE3.
10
11 Before I try to do this, I have some questions.
12
13 1. How secure is it to use KDE 3.5 from the kde-sunset overlay? Are
14 there maybe security leaks that are fixed in KDE4 but not in KDE 3.5?
15
16 2. I have some KDE4 programs installed. Do I have to uninstall all KDE4
17 stuff before I can install KDE 3.5?
18
19 3. Are there any other things that I have to take care of before I
20 install KDE 3.5?
21
22 regards