From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:28:20
1 On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:15:07 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2
3 > I am considering buying a Linux host license of VMware Workstation 6.0
4 > when it is released. However, VMware explicitly does not support Gentoo
5 > hosts. I noticed that 5.5 is in Portage:
6
7 Supported in this context mean they will help you if you have problems
8 related to your host OS. I've run VMware Workstation from 3.0 to 6.0beta
9 on Gentoo. 6.0 is the first version to provide a 64 bit version and runs
10 better on my amd64 system than previous versions.
11
12 I've currently switched back to 5.5 because I don't know what the upgrade
13 price is and I won't want to be forced into it because I have created too
14 many 6.0 VMs: so I converted them back to V5 format and am awaiting an
15 announcement of the release and prices.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 IBM: Itty Bitty Mentality