From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:28:20
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:15:07 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> I am considering buying a Linux host license of VMware Workstation 6.0 > when it is released. However, VMware explicitly does not support Gentoo > hosts. I noticed that 5.5 is in Portage:
Supported in this context mean they will help you if you have problems related to your host OS. I've run VMware Workstation from 3.0 to 6.0beta on Gentoo. 6.0 is the first version to provide a 64 bit version and runs better on my amd64 system than previous versions. I've currently switched back to 5.5 because I don't know what the upgrade price is and I won't want to be forced into it because I have created too many 6.0 VMs: so I converted them back to V5 format and am awaiting an announcement of the release and prices. -- Neil Bothwick IBM: Itty Bitty Mentality