From: Tony Jones <tbjones@×××××××××××.com>
To: wolf31o2@g.o
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev, fstab, and fsck at boot.
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:09:50
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 12:46 +0100, Tim Weber wrote:
6 >>On Tuesday 16 November 2004 18:21, Chris Barker wrote:
9 >>>By the way, it might be a good idea to put a comment in the standard
10 >>>fstab to indicate that those need to be replaced with the appropriate
11 >>>entries.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>Please file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org/.
18 >A better solution is (as always, in my opinion with system-affecting
19 >files such as this) to instead provide a fstab.example, or not to
20 >provide an fstab via portage, at all.
21 >
22 >After all, one has to create the fstab during install anyway, so why
23 >provide a "template" that can easily break a person's system if they
24 >aren't careful?
28 I second that -- a well commented fstab.example that wouldn't overwrite
29 your fstab would be excellent.
32 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list