From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] How to get rid of things depending on KDE4.
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:39:48
1 I am still working on a stable install of KDE3 for a friend. Thing is,
2 some KDE4 stuff keeps getting pulled in. This is the list as best as I
3 can tell with my command:
4
5 kde-base/khelpcenter-4.7.1
6 kde-base/kdesu-4.7.1
7 kde-base/nepomuk-4.7.1
8 kde-base/kdelibs-4.7.1
9 kde-base/kde-env-4.7.1
10
11 I suspect this is a USE flag problem but I can't figure it out for the
12 life of me. Here is the USE line from emerge --info:
13
14 USE="3dnow 3dnowext X aac acpi alsa aml apng auto-hinter automount avahi
15 bash-completion berkdb bzip2 cairo cdda cddb cdr chroot cleartype cli
16 clucene consolekit corefonts cracklib cups curl cxx dbus declarative dri
17 dvd dvdr emboss encode escreen esd exif fam fdftk ffmpeg firefox flac
18 fortran gdbm gdu gif gimp gkrellm gnutls gphoto2 gpm gtk hbci hddtemp
19 iconv ipv6 java javascript jbig jpeg jpeg2k justify kde kipi lcms
20 libnotify libwww logrotate loop-aes mad mdnsresponder-compat melt mmx
21 mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg mplayer mudflap mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly
22 nsplugin offensive ofx ogg opengl openmp pam pango parport pcre pdf perl
23 phonon plasma png policykit ppds ppp pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4
24 readline sasl sdl seamonkey semantic-desktop session sift smp spell sse
25 ssl startup-notification svg sysfs syslog tcl tcpd threads tiff tk
26 truetype type1 udev unicode usb vcd vorbis webkit win32codecs wma wmf
27 x264 x86 xcb xcomposite xinerama xml xorg xscreensaver xv xvid yahoo
28 zeroconf zlib"
29
30 I have policykit disabled in make.conf but it is enabled according to
31 emerge --info. Is that the problem? One of them at least? I have
32 tried to remove that but they keep getting pulled in. I did get rid of
33 some but these last few are hair pullers to get rid of.
34
35 Thanks for any tips.
36
37 Dale