From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] How to get rid of things depending on KDE4.
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:08:22
1 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 14:39:12 -0500
3 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I am still working on a stable install of KDE3 for a friend. Thing
6 >> is, some KDE4 stuff keeps getting pulled in. This is the list as
7 >> best as I can tell with my command:
8 >>
9 >> kde-base/khelpcenter-4.7.1
10 >> kde-base/kdesu-4.7.1
11 >> kde-base/nepomuk-4.7.1
12 >> kde-base/kdelibs-4.7.1
13 >> kde-base/kde-env-4.7.1
14 > emerge --depclean -v =kde-base/khelpcenter-4.7.1
15 >
16 > should show what keeps it around. And similarly for remaining packages.
17 >
18 Did some of that already, just forgot to mention it. It seems to go
19 into circles. I installed KDE4 first then KDE3. I'm thinking about
20 getting rid of them both then installing just KDE3. I really think
21 there is some USE flag that is doing this.
22
23 I did remove the KDE USE flag. It didn't help. I'm going to switch to
24 a plain Desktop profile. I think I have it on the KDE profile not that
25 I think about it.
26
27 Thanks.
28