From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Put program in menu
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:19:09
1 J.A.H. wrote:
2 > Why when I emerge an x-windows package it only sometimes installs itself
3 > in the gnome menu system (depending upon the program). Other times I
4 > have to manually put the program in in addition to manually selecting
5 > an icon to go with it in the gnome menu. Some of my installed x-windows
6 > programs are not in my gnome menu so for that reason I do not know they
7 > are installed after I install them. What is the recommended (gentoo)
8 > procedure for setting up the little program launchers in the gnome menu???
9
10 You are probably after the make_desktop_entry function in eutils.eclass.
11 You can submit patches for ebuilds that don't install desktop entries
12 to bugs.gentoo.org.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri