From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] digital camera
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:06:52
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:17:38 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> > That's not true. The Canon EOS300D, hardly an old camera, does not > > show up as a storage device. It still works with Linux though, > > through gphoto2. > > Weird. Cant it be at least configured as a storage device?
It doesn't even show up in dmesg/syslog when you connect it. Mass storage is a popular way of connecting camera, but not the only way. the EOS300D uses either Canon's own drivers, which are handled by gphoto2, or PTP. you can view the files in Konqueror with a camera:/ URI, but not as a filesystem. I use a card reader anyway. It's much faster and doesn't drain the Camera battery. -- Neil Bothwick Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes. - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)