From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: xorg-server 1.5 and mesa 7.1
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:02:14
1 cuciferus@×××××.com posted 200809070900.39627.cuciferus@×××××.com,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:00:39 +0300:
3
4 > Yeah..well migrating to 4.3.1 did compiled it on 64 also. My errors are
5 > as follows:
6 > (EE) Failed to load module "xtrap" (module does not exist, 0) (EE)
7 > Failed to load module "record" (module does not exist, 0) (EE) Failed to
8 > load module "type1" (module does not exist, 0) (EE) Failed to load
9 > module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0) (EE) No input driver matching
10 > `evdev' (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (EE) Failed to
11 > load module "evdev" (module does not exist, 0) (EE) No input driver
12 > matching `evdev' (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
13 >
14 > I don't have an evdev device, never did... As for the rest I don't
15 > remeber having them
16
17 Compiled fine here, too...
18
19 FWIW, evdev is the new "hotpluggable" (in cooperation with hal) InputDev
20 device, replacing both mouse and kbd/keyboard input-devs. The problem is
21 that the migration routines are still rather broken, so for now it's
22 likely best to keep your kbd and mouse drivers, particularly if they have
23 additional options and etc configured. Eventually, you'll configure
24 (IIRC) *.fdi files instead, for hotpluggable input. See the following
25 URL for some detail (I was looking at this yesterday and found it then):
26
27 http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/07/input-configuration-in-nutshell.html
28
29 If you try it and do have additional config options, mouse speed and/or
30 an "Internet" keyboard with additional keys, for instance, as the link
31 above suggests, you'll likely need to google the correct *.fdi config to
32 use, at the moment.
33
34 The other modules you probably didn't merge, but are calling for them in
35 your xorg.conf. Unless you are doing something special that requires
36 them, you likely don't need them, as I don't seem to have most of those
37 here, but don't have the errors either as I don't have them in
38 xorg.conf. You can take a look at what's actually installed at
39 /usr/lib(64)/xorg/modules/, particularly the extensions and fonts subdirs.
40
41 FWIW, no problems of this sort here, but I ran into another one, which
42 I'll post separately.
47 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman