From: Rasmus Wiman <rasmus@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Desktop nearly unbootable!! Need HELP!!
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:00:34
1 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
2
3 > advantage of them. Perhaps rather than a single "ldap" USE flag,
4 > there need to be at least a couple - "ldap-auth", "ldap-client", etc.
5
6 Isn't there some file in /etc/portage called packages.use or something
7 like that, which achieves this goal by explicitly setting use flags on
8 a per-package basis. You could either have
9
10 mail-client/evolution +ldap
11
12 or
13
14 sys-apps/pam-login -ldap
15
16 in there, thus solving the problem without any extra use flags. I
17 haven't used it, but heard of such a file and I guess it would solve
18 your problem.
19
20 /Rasmus Wiman
21
22 Windsurfing is a great metaphor for life. If you can get in the harness
23 and foot straps, then you are a person who doesn't give up after the
24 first try. That goes a long way in this world.
25 - Björn Dunckerbeck
28 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list