From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: smooth scrolling in konqueror (like in firefox)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:07:01
Christian Parpart posted <200508130559.20321.trapni@g.o>, excerpted
below,  on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:59:18 +0200:

> I just installed a SuSE Linux within VMware and was really surprised > about how smoove the pages do scroll up/down (using the mouse wheel) > within SuSE's KDE installation; > > I was wondering wether this is a SuSE patch (where available, if) or > whether I am just missing the path to this config entry.
I don't know about the mouse wheel smooth-scrolling, and don't have Firefox installed so can't try it there, but I just found the Konqueror auto-scroll feature, quite by accident. I'm running KDE 3.4.1, and have no idea if it's in earlier versions or not, since I just discovered it, but try hitting shift-arrow (up, down, left, or right). Auto-scrolling! Hitting any key (no, not /the/ "any" key! <g>) to stop the scrolling. I think there's probably some way to adjust the speed, but I'm not sure where. It's possible it's (presently) only adjustable by editing a config file, not graphically. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list