From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:02:53
Thus spake Canek Peláez on Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:57:32PM CST
> On 1/9/07, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote: > >I'm looking for a decent Gnome-compatible GUI CD player to replace xmcd, of > >which I was quite fond, but the code is apparently no longer maintained and > >it's no longer in Gentoo. Fixing the code and compiling it manually is a > >real > >bear! I'm looking for something fairly flexible and which will access the > >CDDB > >databases of my choice. > > > >kscd isn't compatbile with Gnome > > > >gnome-cd sux! > > Yeah, it does. I believe Sound Juicer reproduces CDs, and I'm sure > Rhythmbox does it too. The later has a small display mode. For MP3 is > great; but I don't listen CDs anymore, so I don't know.
Well I use k3b for reproducing CDs and it works about as well as just about any CD burning software I've ever used on _any_ platform, even on Gnome, though it's primarily a KDE utililty. I'm just looking for a simple, solid CD player UI that understands CDDB lookups, local and remote. -- Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com> http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" | | (Pamela Jones) | -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list