From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:44:21
Hi,

I don't think it's a serious matter, it's just to have some report on the
computer after doing some gym I guess.
Rasmus,
I think you should dive deeply in the tech spec of products you might use in
order to know which protocol and stuff are used for data transfer.

Good luck!
JM from Linköping

On 2/4/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@×××××××.net> wrote:
> > Rasmus Wiman wrote: > > Hi, > > > > is anyone using a heart rate monitor watch and downloading/viewing the > > data in gentoo? If so, what brand if monitor du you use? I would like > > to buy one and would prefer buying from a manufacturer that isn't too > > linux-hostile. Here in Sweden the most common brands are Polar and > > Suunto, how well do their watches work with gentoo? Do they use highly > > obfuscated formats and bizarre nonstandard usb-stuff for downloading > > data or i it all fairly straightforward stuff that can be plotted > > almost right away in gnuplot, octave or similar software? > > > > Any brands or models that should be avoided at all costs? > > > > Thanks, > > Rasmus > > > You are asking open source developers for medical advice. That is an > extremely bad idea. If your physician and the vendor say, "Use Windows", > use Windows. > > -- > M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P) > http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/ > > If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given > rabbits fire. > > -- > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list > >
-- /JM