From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Dependencies of KDE 3
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:04:57
1 121120 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to install KDE 3 from kde-sunset overlay
4 >> compiler error -- snipped
5 >> mDNSResponder ebuild is not in the tree.
6
7 I ran into this problem & found help via the list :
8 have a look at the list archive for the end of October.
9 I got mDNSResponder from a Gentoo obsolete-pkg archive,
10 copied it temporarily into /usr/portage/ , enabled it in package.unmask
11 & got it installed successfully. After that, I removed it from Portage,
12 but of course the compiled files are still in my system,
13 so the rest of KDE 3 which I use ( 3 pkgs only) work.
14 The correct way to deal with such a dep is via a Portage local overlay.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca