From: marcos ferreyra <bocacorazon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:44:15
1 Examples of things that DON'T WORK out-of-the-box are
2 * wireless (in my experience, very hard to set up)
3 * software suspend
4 * printers
8 --- Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
9
10 > On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 03:23, Gábor Farkas wrote:
11 > > set up a printer in gnome.
12 > >
13 > > i must admit, maybe i just don't know how to do
14 > it.
15 > > i usually emerge kdebase, and use kcontrol (kde
16 > control center)
17 > > to add a cups printer.
18 > >
19 > > so, if there's a normal way to add a printer in
20 > gnome, tell me.
21 >
22 > emerge gnome-cups-manager
23 >
24 > I really wish this ebuild would add a .desktop entry
25 > to the Desktop
26 > Preferences section of my Gnome menu by default. In
27 > fact, you might
28 > even have it on your system and just not know it.
29 >
30 > --
31 > Chris Gianelloni
32 > Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
33 > Games - Developer
34 > Gentoo Linux
37 > --
38 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list