From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE stabilization upgrade guide
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:02:54
Hi,

I upgraded last week on two x86 stable arch machines from 4.2 to 4.6 and
everything went well.

The only thing I had to do was to add a few use flags like:

kde-base/kdelibs semantic-desktop
kde-base/kdepimlibs semantic-desktop

Even though make.profile is link to kde profile.

But it's only my 2 cents contribution.

Thank you!
JM

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Andreas K. Huettel
<dilfridge@g.o>wrote:

> Hi everyone, > > as additional preparation for the KDE 4.6 stabilization, here's a first > shot > at an "upgrade guide". Work in progress! > > In principle the upgrade should go pretty smooth on its own. The main > purpose > of the guide is to collect tips, tricks, recommendations for the case when > problems occur... > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde44-46-upgrade.xml > > Feel free to suggest improvements. > > Cheers, Andreas > > -- > Andreas K. Huettel > Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex > dilfridge@g.o > http://www.akhuettel.de/ >
-- Jean-Marc