From: Rasmus Wiman <rasmus@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:08:36
1 Aniruddha <mailing_list@××××××.nl> skrev:
2
3 > For an efficient workout you don't need a PC companion. I think you
4 > should first look for the most accurate heart rate monitor (there is a
5 > lot of crap out there). I have a polar which works fine. Then I would
6 > email the brand you've chosen if they provide Linux support and if not
7 > why. Are they considering it for the future? Maybe you can put more
8 > pressure behind it with a Swedish user group. Finally I would think
9 > really hard if I really need that pc software. My guess is that unless
10 > you are a professional athlete spend your time having fun in the
11 > activity instead of managing it ;)
12
13 Basically, the reason I want to check my data in Linux is because in
14 some cases it's hard to check the heart rate while exercising.
15 Specifically, I windsurf and would want to know what my heart rate is
16 when windsurfing, and this is easy to check in a lull when I'm just
17 comfortably cruising, but in a squall or a storm when conditions get
18 challenging it gets a lot harder. Also, in the winter, I will carry the
19 watch under my drysuit. That's why I want to be able to check my data
20 afterwards.
21
22 /Rasmus
23 --