From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:29:24
1 I have a workstation license for VMWare which runs on my Gentoo desktop
2 system with no problems whatsoever. Basically, Linux is Linux. I'm not
3 sure exactly what parts of the Linux system VMWare relies on, but my
4 impression is that it uses those portions of the OS such as the kernel
5 and gcc which are pretty much common to all distributions. I'd be both
6 disappointed and surprised if Gentoo stopped including VMWare, but one
7 can always install it by getting it directly from VMWare and running the
8 installation scripts.
9