From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:29:24
I have a workstation license for VMWare which runs on my Gentoo desktop
system with no problems whatsoever.  Basically, Linux is Linux.  I'm not
sure exactly what parts of the Linux system VMWare relies on, but my
impression is that it uses those portions of the OS such as the kernel
and gcc which are pretty much common to all distributions.  I'd be both
disappointed and surprised if Gentoo stopped including VMWare, but one
can always install it by getting it directly from VMWare and running the
installation scripts.