From: "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: sconstable <sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:35:26
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 14:07, sconstable wrote:
> Has anyone ever had a problem with KDE where it runs for a while and > then locks up for no apparent reason, and when it does that the caps > and scroll locks start flashing? Cause that happens to me whenever I > use KDE.
Hmmm ... it's rare, but I *have* had that happen. I use little except KDE. I've forgotten which kernel I was using the last time, but I was running a CD burn with K3B when it happened. It's extremely rare, though ... I think maybe twice on this machine (Athlon TBird with 512 MB) and *never* on any of my other Gentoo boxes. I had to use the reset button to regain control. I don't know if I could have used ssh to get in; I don't typically do network administration, since I have a KVM switch. :) -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list